Early Childhood Development (ECD) Induction and Training of Trainers Workshop for Project Manager and Officers.
Association of Early Childhood Development in Malawi (AECDM) in collaboration with Ministry of Gender Children and Social Welfare has organized the above stated training to be held at Liwonde Community Training Centre in Machinga. All AECDM workshops are highly interactive, responsive to children’s needs, providing many opportunities for participants to talk with each other and asking of most compelling questions to workshop facilitators
Aims and objectives
To create a qualified team of Regional Trainers for ECD Caregivers and Parenting Education Facilitators, ECD middle Managers, Project Officers and Pre-school Directors.
The ECD Learning Team will have an opportunity to learn both the theoretical underpinnings and the practical strategies that make the Comprehensive ECD training approach effective in providing practical skills and knowledge to caregivers, parenting educators and home visitors, project officers and coordinators, child responsive relationships, and engaging instruction they need for forward looking and proper ECD implementation management.
The content for the workshop will involve exploration of all the aspects of Basic and Advanced Training Packages, which includes researched knowledge on Training designs, Facilitation Skills and familiarisation with various comprehensive training materials as follows:
- Children’s legislations and Policies, i.e. Child Care, protection and Justice Act 2010; National Policies on ECD, OVC, Gender, etc.
- National Development Plans with ECD frameworks, i.e. MGDS III, ECD Strategic Plan, etc.
- Basic ECD Training Framework
- Advanced ECD Training Framework
- ECD Caregivers’ Mentors Framework
- Child Development and Protection Supervisors Framework
- ECD Centre Parents Management Committee Framework
- ECD Facilitators Framework
- Basic and Advanced Parenting Education and support Frameworks
- ECD Caregiver and child assessment framework
- ECD monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Agenda for the each of the training frameworks
- Networking and Collaboration
- Quality Control and Operational Standards for ECD in Malawi
Opportunities for networking
The non-commercial exhibit area will include information about resources and learning opportunities for your continuing growth in child development programming. Opportunities for your professional development will be highlighted.
Training venue and accommodation: Liwonde Community Development Training Centre and this will be in three phases starting from 8.00 am every day.
Dates: 21st November to 11th December 2021
The workshop will be facilitated by ECD experts drawn from the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Welfare, University of Malawi, National ECD Core Training Group and AECDM.
Participation fee is MK250, 000.00 per person for all the three phases and this will cater for lunch, refreshments, stationery and conference exhibits. Unfortunately, due to budgetary constraints we are unable to cover accommodation, travel costs to and from neither are we able to cover evening and weekend meals.
Certification: Please note that a Certificate of Competence will only be issued if the requirements for the workshop are met. This includes full attendance at the sessions of all the three phases, active participation and submission of all assignments. If not, a Certificate of Attendance will be issued. Please register your desire to participate in the training workshop before Friday, 29 October, 2021 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0212312247/0888 961 513.